YUSEN LOGISTICS CO., LTD
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Manager II
at YUSEN LOGISTICS CO., LTD
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Sales/Business Development
- Regular Full-Time
Qualified candidates must be bilingual Japanese/English and have sales experience in the International Freight Forwarding Industry.
The Sales Manager II in the International division of Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (YLA) is responsible for his/her own sales activities with existing clients, potential clients, and networking with clients who have a relationship with Yusen worldwide. The position requires this person be the account owner for middle-large class accounts who are assigned to their territory or industry. This position will need to meet retention numbers, expand current book of business, take initiative of tenders, and also secure new businesses/accounts based on the sales strategy of the various services modes.
The position will require collaboration within operation staff members and other sales members to provide prompt follow up and a plan of action to be taken to remedy any service issues that may occur. The Sales Manager will also support and collaborate with upper management, operations and sales by providing proposals, presentations and new business implementation.
The position will support/coach other sales members or sales support members by his/her sales experience and industrial knowledge.
New Business Development:
- Develop new business opportunities through collaborating with Yusen worldwide, research, prospect and qualify new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area, industry, or market.
- Increase market share within assigned territory or client and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
- Prepare and present proposals, make recommendations for new services, extensions, or enhancements and overcome objections to closure.
- Handle sales leads from international offices or the other branch in Yusen Americas. Send sales leads to the other offices internationally/domestically as appropriate.
- Take initiative for periodical tenders in assigned client, territory, industry or market.
- Successfully close new business and onboard new clients.
- Expected to meet Sales Targets assigned by management.
- Support and give coaching for other sales members to develop new business.
Maintain and develop existing accounts:
- Increase market share within existing middle-large size customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or delivery issues. Handle and initiate trouble shooting with operation members.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding regulations, methods of loading, crating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service offering.
- Review & update profitability of existing business and manage the business contract renewal.
- Support & give coaching for other sales members to maintain business relationship and to expand business.
Coordinate and liaise with Yusen branch operations and customers:
- Ensure the highest level of service by collaborating with branch operations in identifying and resolving problems and leveraging industry expertise and account management experience.
- May coordinate shipments with shippers, operations, trucker and carriers, on behalf of the Customers.
- Coordinate with the credit department to establish lines of credit for new accounts and negotiate letters of credit.
- Provide reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems.
- May assist, communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted or joint customers.
- Pro-actively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all branch operations departments.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
- Involve operation & accounting when Yusen has outstanding or any financial issues with the clients assigned.
- In consultation with Regional Sales Manager, VP, Director, or upper management achieve annual target volume, and P&L for regional/branch sales for assigned accounts or territory or industries.
- Develop standard operating procedures for major accounts.
- Attend joint calls with upper management or the other sales staff and join region/branch sales meetings; collaborate in multi-region/branch sales efforts.
- Submit Sales Reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual English/Japanese required.
- 3+ years direct sales experience in the International shipping or international Logistics industry with a proven track record of account management and growth
- College Degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and Sales/Customer service experience may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral). Must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Company and externally with clients.
- Proven client prospecting and relationship maintenance/growth skills and abilities is a key component to being successful in this role.
- Ability to develop strategies and tactics to meet existing and new clients' needs and provide customized solutions.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Work with utmost honesty and integrity.
TRAVEL: Position will require 30% travel. Occasional off-hour/weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
<P class=x_x_x_MsoSubtitle style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left><FONT color=#ffffff>JILPOST</FONT></P>