Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Full-Time
The College Connector will be responsible for working with a cohort of students providing individual advising and mentoring to ensure that students’ progress to the next grade level is on track and graduate college and career ready. The College Connector will work closely with YPI staff, including college and career team, to assure their student cohort is connected to the right resources. The College Connector will provide services to students and parents focusing on college knowledge including A-G requirements, Four Systems of Higher Education and Financial Aid while consistently monitoring academic progress of students.
- Act as main point of contact for student cohorts and available resources.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with students, parents, school, and partner personnel.
- Participate in case management style meetings to ensure that students are being served and supported.
- Conduct workshops for students and parents regarding College and Career knowledge, including Family Engagement Pathway curriculum.
- Facilitate individual check-ins at least once a month with each student in Connector’s cohort.
- Support with coordination of college fairs, career days, field trips to college and workshops, spirit weeks, career panels, mock-interviews, and other events to build students' knowledge and motivation about college and career.
- Work with College and Career staff to monitor programs and activities in order to instill program effectiveness.
- Ensure that all program objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Resolve issues pertaining to delivery of services.
- Support with all required programs documents.
- Complete required reports and update to supervisor in a weekly, bi-weekly, and/or monthly basis.
- Coordinate the collection and input of evaluation data used to measure ongoing program effectiveness of services and program outcome measures.
- Guide services and curriculum development to ensure that objectives are met.
- Bachelor degree in education, liberal studies or related area preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience providing direct services to students and parents, multicultural populations or under-prepared students.
- Experience coordinating programming in areas such as post-secondary education options, financial aid, career exploration through workshops, events, individual and small group counseling and classroom presentation.
- Experience working in collaboration with mentoring, after-school, and other activities (such as events, workshops, fieldtrips) that relate to the goals and objectives of the program.
- Expertise in program design and availability to decision making regarding participant service delivery and liability.
- Demonstrated competency with record-keeping, documentation and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with school personnel, after school personnel, program officers, evaluators, parents, students and community professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency with technology, internet, software, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to teach service delivery skills to volunteers, interns, peer mentors, and others as needed.
- Ability to provide leadership and coordination of day-to-day programming.
- Ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment, and problem-solving ability.
- Must be available to work flexible schedule (some mornings, some evenings).
- Ability to work under only general supervision, self-starter, ability to multi-task.
- Punctual, deadline-driven.
- Bilingual/Spanish highly preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Livescan fingerprinting), with both the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for frequent travel between sites. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.