Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Campus Aide- New Heights Charter School- EXL
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Part-Time
The Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking a part-time Campus Aide for its Expanded Learning department. This position will provide security and protection for students, staff, and school property. The Campus Aide works directly under the supervision of the Site Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Expected to remain posted at the entrance to the school to monitor who enters and leaves the campus (closed-campus protocol).
- Monitor public school areas to ensure program participants are where they need to be and that students who are not in the expanded learning program are not hanging out on campus.
- Exhibit a strong, non-biased presence that is able to effectively deter unwanted individuals from entering campus.
- Implement age appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating, inspiring and empowering youth.
- Represent the mission of YPI and uphold all policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, and communication with school personnel, YPI staff, students and families regarding all aspects of student involvement in the expanded learning program.
- Must maintain appropriate boundaries with students, parents, school personnel and staff at all times.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines.
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and events on and off-site.
- Administer first-aid in case of minor injury.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year of paid or volunteer experience working with youth.
- Experience working in a security role and being in confrontational, and potentially dangerous situations.
- Must have effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, as needed.
- Ability to use good judgement in challenging situations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive to work site at scheduled time consistently.
- If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver’s license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 60 calendar days of employment.
- Completion of other required trainings (i.e. training against harassment, etc.) when assigned.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time, and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Part-time position, partial year. Before school and/or afterschool schedule, some weekends and/or evenings may apply. Hours vary by school site and program need.