Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Athletic Instructor (Multi-Sport)- PUC CCECHS- EXL
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Part-Time
The Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking an Athletic Instructor for its Expanded Learning department. This position will plan and facilitate meaningful sport-based youth development programming in the sport(s) assigned. Our athletic programs include traditional and non-traditional sports such as basketball, soccer, volleyball, football, handball, track/field, baseball, golf, tennis, cheerleading, and mixed martial arts, amongst others. The Athletic Instructor works under the supervision of the Site Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively supervise a group of 20 students and facilitate safe, structured activities.
- Develop activity plans for safe and exciting recreational activities.
- Provide technical (technique and/or skill-based) and tactical (decision-making and/or strategy-based) athletic instruction.
- Adhere to the California After School Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Comply with California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) regulations (high school programs only)
- Promote sportsmanship, school spirit, positive competitiveness and teamwork among students.
- Implement age appropriate classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating, inspiring and empowering youth.
- Represent the mission of YPI and uphold all policies and procedures.
- Supervise all participants to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records and ensure that students sign-in and sign-out each day.
- Connect with instructional day staff to increase student success and program alignment.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, and communication with school personnel, YPI staff, students and families regarding all aspects of student involvement in the expanded learning program.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with students, parents, school personnel and staff at all times.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment and materials.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines and promote student safety in sports.
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and events on and off-site.
- Attend and participate in Expanded Learning department’s seasonal tournaments.
- Must wear YPI uniform while on duty.
- Administer first-aid in case of minor injury.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required. Copy will be requested, if hired.
- Certification, training and/or work experience in specified content area(s) preferred.
- Current enrollment in accredited college or university with credits in athletics, physical education, kinesiology, or closely related field, and/or 6 months experience with youth athletic coaching required.
- Must have effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, as needed.
- Ability to use good judgment in challenging situations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive at work site at scheduled time consistently. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver’s license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 60 calendar days of employment.
- Completion of other required trainings (i.e. training against harassment, etc.) when assigned.
- Part-time position, partial year. ?Before school and/or afterschool schedule, some weekends and/or evenings may apply. Hours vary by school site and program need.