YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant- Los Altos Family YMCA
at YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The Los Altos Family YMCA is looking for a part time Administrative Assistant with both leadership and organizational skills to grow and provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Branch at large. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
This is part time position with an average 20hrs/ week.
- Utilize database software (Daxko) to its fullest capacity to provide the highest level of branch support: rosters, reports, statistics, program setup, mailing labels, lists, data entry, filing,etc.
- Ensure administration policies and procedures are adhered to, oversee branch payroll, daily close outs, oversee on-boarding of new hires and volunteers, complete administrative functions as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Provides leadership and support to the Annual Support Campaign and Capital Campaign. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all campaigners to maximize results.
- Keep inventory of and order supplies/postage as needed.
- Process mail.
- Input data, type and file documents
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participant, staff and supervisor
- Perform customer service duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is committed to being known as an “Employer of Choice”. It is our desire to attract, develop, and retain outstanding, inspired staff who are representative of the diverse communities we serve, and dedicated to fulfilling the Mission of the YMCA
Skill / Requirements
- Education & Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college units preferred.
- 3 plus years of office work experience.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, organizational skills, basic PC and typing skills required.
- Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including background check clearance
- Health Screening with Negative TB Test, and Negative Drug test screening.
- Complete all online required trainings.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.