Westlake Financial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westlake Financial Services
This position is responsible for assisting the Corporate VP-Accounting/Controller and Director of Accounting Operations with managing certain specified areas of the accounting process, along with numerous ad hoc requests. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of independent problem solving and the carrying out of complex accounting projects and implementations. The candidate needs to have great leadership skills. The candidate should have experience with complex large volume accounting operational areas (e.g., Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, expense recognition, consolidation, business improvements, systems implementations, and KPIs).
The candidate should be comfortable moving between various tasks in large teams, and confident in their ability to attack new challenges head on. The candidate should perform at very fast pace environment with multiple changes in a growing company. This position offers the chance to be involved in multiple facets of the accounting and business functions, daily.
A great opportunity for a driven team player candidate who is looking for an opportunity to gain new experience, learn, and join a growing company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage various areas of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process for multiple subsidiaries
- Lead and assist with all aspects of the month-end G/L close process
- Review month-end journal entries, supporting schedules and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial statement information to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Assist and review year-end audit schedules with on-going compliance audits and year-end financial audits
- Assist in establishing and implementing internal controls and procedures to ensure financial statements are fairly and accurately presented
- Oversee proper and accurate classification of transactions across the balance sheet and income statement
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to create efficient and effective processes and procedures for the accounting function
- Ability to understand data and find trends for improvements and automation
- Manage training, motivation, and mentorship of the accounting staff
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA - Required
- 7-10 years of Accounting Experience (Public/Private)
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.