Westlake Financial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westlake Financial Services
The Accountant II will report to the Accounting Manager. The individual will be responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; for the preparation of Financial Statements during month and year-end close process; and performance of ad hoc projects.
- Prepare consolidation of Financial Statements by assisting with the month and year-end close process.
- Facilitate and complete support schedules according to month-end procedures.
- Assist the accounting department during internal and external audits.
- Prepare and post entries to facilitate the production of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis assignments as instructed by internal management.
- Attains an understanding and application of GAAP.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- PREFERRED: Knowledge and use of Great Plains.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Two to four years of general accounting experience.
- Minimum two years of full-cycle close
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K with Matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program with Matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit
- Employee Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
- Rental Car Discounts
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Onsite DMV
- Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days
- On-site gym (free for all employees)
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.