WATG + Wimberly Interiors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intermediate Interior Designer
at WATG + Wimberly Interiors
Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The Beverly Hills, CA location of Wimberly Interiors is hiring a Intermediate Interior Designer.
As Interior Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions are consistent with the project design and are developed and produced. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop and represent lead technical viewpoint on projects.
- Portray conceptual design ideas and prepare presentation and design drawings.
- Provide technical solutions to design dilemmas.
- Prepare, correct and update documents during Schematic Design, Design Development, CD and CA phases.
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Professionalism, courtesy, and tact are required in dealing with clients and colleagues.
Other requirements include:
- Must have hotel renovation experience
- Extensive knowledge of the hospitality design industry, including a working knowledge of equipment and materials, space requirements, and design standards and principles.
- Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Revit Architecture software and 3D software packages such as Sketch-Up, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max.
- Knowledgeable of building systems, building codes and ADA requirements.
- Sound documentation and field observation skills.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
It is suggested the chosen person have 5 years experience in a small to mid-size professional service firm. Project experience including urban and resort hotels is preferred.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Relocation is not offered for this position.
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
*Please submit a copy of your portfolio with your resume