Waste Connections, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable Collections Clerk
at Waste Connections, inc.
Job TitleAccounts Receivable Collections Clerk
Requisition Primary LocationPortland, Oregon
Arrow Sanitary in Portland, Oregon (Near Airport Way) is looking to hire a full time Accounts Receivables Clerk. Monday through Friday Schedule with Competitive Wage!
The Accounts Receivable Collections Clerk will have responsibilities for the collection of accounts within their assigned district, downloading details of customer payments and contacts, at times processing those payments in Waste Connections accounts receivable systems, and following up with customers on billing related issues and slow payment history.
• Contacts customers with delinquent accounts by phone, fax, email and regular mail to collect customer balances.
• Records information regarding payment information on customer account.
• Prepare monthly AR reports for collections meeting.
• Monitors delinquent accounts and arranges debt repayment.
• Reviews and prepares any bad debt write-off on accounts and submits to Manager..
• Performs various administrative functions for assigned accounts.
• Performs other collection duties as requested by the Credit and Collections Manager.
• Coordinates with dispatchers on any discrepancies on monthly reports.
• Prepares monthly landfill tonnage report.
• Reconciles vendor statements.
• Enters all invoices for checks and mails checks.
• Processes customer refunds and mails checks.
• Checks division batches for accuracy and reviews the transactions in payment net.
• Performs other accounting duties as requested by the Controller.
• High School diploma is required with courses in accounting preferred.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people.
• Two years’ experience in the collection of both commercial and consumer accounts.
• Computer skills should include Excel and a familiarity with web based payment systems and online banking.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Who We Are
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.