Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Health Specialist
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- US-CA-Lake Elsinore
- Regular Full-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- 40 hrs/wk - Full Time (M-F 8am-5pm, Sat. as needed)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. Every day, you will make an impact on your community.
We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees.
VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Perform direct outreach and education to target population as listed on program grant and/or as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct comprehensive outreach (and/or in-reach) in North County and refers individuals to program grant activities and/or clinic
- Provide basic information and education on health topics
- Complete appropriate paperwork
- Conduct basic assessments/screenings of target population
- Participate in health fairs and other community events
- Schedule clinic appointments
- Develop and/or design program flyers
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally with target population and all levels personel staff in an appropriate manner
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be proactive
- Ability to track and manage time effectively