Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Coordinator - Mobile Dentistry
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- US-CA-Lake Elsinore
- Regular Full-Time
- 40/hrs. wk (M-F 8am to 5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population with a passion to make a difference in the lives of others. Competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Establish and help maintain communication between patients, their families, physicians and other entities within the health care system while offering additional assistance.
- Responsible for patient check-in through creation of encounters
- Enter and verify accurate informaiton in computer
- Assist in driving VCC Mobile Dentistry vehicle to and from various locations (schools, health fairs, etc.) as needed
- Improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities for Vista Community Clinic patients with and without chronic diseases
- Integrate prevention and screening recall systems into electronic medical record
- Provide individualized information, education and referrals to patients, as directed by healthcare provider and supervisor
- Assist in recruiting individuals for participation in educational programs
- Assist in the development of a wide range of materials such as educational curriculum, fliers and news releases
- Compile written reports as needed
- Represent VCC at professional meetings as needed
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing program strategies
- Maintain professional working relationships with all staff, clients and the public
- Perform other duties as directed
- Associate's degree in related field with experience in health education or care coordination
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid California driver's license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation; clean driving recordCertification/minimum two years’ education in chronic disease/health management.
- Certification/minimum two years’ education in chronic disease/health management
- Bachelor's degree in related field or associate's degree with two years care coordination or health education experience
- Ability to present information effectively both orally and in writing to individuals and groups from various cultural, ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Basic computer knowledge, internet use, MS Office, data entry skills; strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan and facilitate internal and community meetings
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information in a professional manner