Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler 1
at Veolia North America
Responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Under direct supervision, tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, sampling, pumping, unloading and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Load and unload various size containers
• Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
• Decontaminate empty drums and/or containers according to guidelines.
• Perform general housekeeping duties.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
• Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
• Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the warehousing or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools (not required but preferred)
• Veolia will provide required training to select candidates.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Trained in the use of material handling equipment
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer