Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Registered Nurse- Clinical Nurse Educator
at Ventura County
Under general direction and following established medically-approved policies and procedures, implements specialized skilled nursing processes in designated hospital units of Ventura County Medical Center and Santa Paula Hospital.
The County of Ventura Health Care Agency is seeking experienced nurses who are committed to process improvement, dedicated lifelong learners, and eager to serve as clinical nurse educators. The ideal candidates will be equipped to fulfill the roles of educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, leader, and researcher and will promote excellence and safety in professional nursing practice. The current recruitment will be utilized to fill two vacant positions which vary in terms of the required technical expertise and certifications. Depending upon area of assignment, additional specialty experience and/or certification(s) may be required.
PAYROLL TITLE: Senior Registered Nurse-Hospital
EDUCATIONAL INCENTIVE: Some positions may be eligible for educational incentive. This incentive may be 2.5%, 3.5%, or 5% for incumbents in eligible positions based on completion of an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree that is not required for the classification.
BILINGUAL INCENTIVE: Some positions may be eligible for bilingual incentive depending on the applicable memorandum of agreement and the needs of the department. In order to qualify for this incentive, incumbents in eligible positions must take and pass the applicable bilingual fluency examination.
CERTIFICATION PAY: Incumbents in these classifications are eligible for certification pay at a rate of $0.813 per hour based on his or her scheduled work week hours and not to exceed the scheduled work week hours for each qualified certification possessed up to a maximum of five (5) certifications.
AGENCY/DEPARTMENT: Health Care Agency- Ventura County Medical Center
Senior Registered Nurse-Hospital is represented by the California Nurses' Association (CNA) and is eligible for overtime compensation. Salary placement will be determined according to the current CNA memorandum of agreement.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill current and future Regular (including Temporary and Fixed-Term), Intermittent, Per Diem Pool, and Extra-Help vacancies within the Health Care Agency. There is currently one (1) Regular vacancy.
OPENING DATE: October 25, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
- Examples Of Duties
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs and delivers staff development programs to address a variety of clinical training needs, including developing program objectives, learning outcomes, curriculum, materials, audio/visual training aides, and related educational activities;
- Conducts needs analyses through developing and administering surveys and questionnaires, conducting interviews, and coordinating and leading focus groups;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of staff development programs with regard to individual and organizational performance by observing programs, analyzing results of evaluations and surveys, and conducting focus groups;
- Coordinates the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants; identifies and recruits internal and external subject matter experts for educational activities; coordinates training activities;
- Leads, facilitates and coordinates the development and administration of courses and programs including scheduling classes, equipment, and instructors, and arranging for training facilities;
- Facilitates teambuilding, leadership development, process improvement and related programs and initiatives ensuring that curricula are congruent with organizational missions, values, and goals;
- Attends meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs; keeps abreast of industry best practices; responds to changes in nursing practice and recommends and implements programs to support those changes;
- Serves as educational consultant to facilities, task forces, and committees; serves as technical advisor to staff engaged in projects related to policy, procedure, and program development;
- Performs a wide variety of research and analysis of complex administrative, technical or operational issues as they pertain to nursing professional development and operational efficiency. Studies and makes recommendations relating to the impact on operations;
- Administers basic and advanced competency nursing care in accordance with VCMC/SPH policies and procedures and Patient Bill of Rights; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Typical Qualifications
These are entrance requirements to the examination process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Requires two (2) years of full-time professional registered nursing experience in a given specialty area. Depending upon area of assignment, additional specialty experience and/or certification(s) may be required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California.
- Must have a current, valid Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification by first day of employment.
- Must have a current, valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification by first day of employment.
- Must have a current, valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification by first day of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor Certification
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) credential
- Progressive Care Adult (PCCN) credential
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Experience developing, administering, and evaluating clinical education programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of: the principles, practices, and techniques used in advanced nursing care of specialized units. Principles of adult learning theory; Principles of conducting needs assessments; Principles of instructional design; Principles of measuring training effectiveness; hospital based/nursing committee practices, and patient and staff education methods.
Working ability to: provide direction to others; self-direct continuing education needs, be a positive role model and project a positive public image; work proficiently in emergency and/or stressful situations; maintain confidentiality of patient/client information; effectively establish and maintain working relationships with medical staff, co-workers, patients and the public; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; facilitate meetings and workshops and make effective oral presentations; and adjust content and teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs.
- Recruitment Process
FINAL FILING DATE: This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply online, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
NOTE: If presently permanently employed in another "merit" or "civil service" public agency/entity in the same or substantively similar position as is advertised, and if appointed to that position by successful performance in a "merit" or "civil service" style examination, then appointment by "Lateral Transfer" may be possible. If interested, please click here for additional information.
Note to Applicants: It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documents may be attached to supplement the information in your application; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE – qualifying: All applicants are required to complete and submit the questionnaire for this examination AT THE TIME OF FILING. The supplemental questionnaire may be used throughout the examination process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications and acceptability for the position. Failure to complete and submit the questionnaire will result in the application being removed from consideration.
APPLICATION EVALUATION - 100%: An application evaluation will be conducted. A score will be assigned to each application based on established criteria. Such score will be considered as the final score for placement on the eligible list.
Applicants successfully completing the examination process may be placed on an eligible list for a period of one (1) year.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A thorough pre-employment, post offer background investigation which may include inquiry into past employment, education, criminal background information, and driving record may be required for this position.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Liz Gonzalez by email Liz.Gonzalez@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 677-5191.