Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenace Mechanic C - 3rd Shift
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Mechanic C position in the Maintenance department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in keeping the mechanical equipment and structure of the plant in repair. Additionally, you will…
- Perform Light electrical work to repair or maintain company equipment.
- Move hazardous waste drums from still room to the hazardous waste storage area
- Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Plan and manage the repair and maintenance of all equipment and buildings
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
What it takes
- Must be able to read and write to complete and log all maintenance requests and repairs
- Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in simple mechanical tasks
- Must have basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to operate a forklift and have a fork lift license
- Capable of lifting up to fifty pounds regularly. Capable of unlimited bending, turning, stooping and twisting.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Class C boiler license if location has boiler
- Hazardous waste minimization
- Hazardous communication
- Emergency response
- 3 years’ experience industrial maintenance
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.