Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Cloud Engineer in Aliso Viejo, CA at Vaco
Let Vaco promote your strengths! We partner with leading companies to fill their IT recruiting needs. Our recruiters work to give you the advantage over your competition through their relationships with the human resources and hiring managers. Instead of being another faceless resume, with Vaco, you have an advocate to get you the opportunities that you want. Currently we are seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer for an opportunity with one of our clients.
Analyze complex projects and IT requests, independently design, build, test and deploy Infrastructure as Code releases to support the business objectives. Try out new tools and technologies and make recommendations. Partners with other IT teams in designing and implementing the solution. Document solutions and create runbooks to ensure successful operationalization of solutions. Participate in Peer Review meetings, provide input, receive feedback and implement necessary changes for design and code reviews. Participate in Dev integration testing, partner with business units to develop build and deployment pipelines that meet their needs. Lead the effort in triaging production issues, provide a work around as applicable and work with appropriate teams or vendors for finding solutions. Act as subject matter expert and support end users in the use of the overall system solution. Mentor other cloud engineers to improve their designs and documentation.
- Progressive technology experience in developing and implementing build and deploy pipelines, preferably using AWS. Strong understanding of agile methodology.
- Strong development experience in at least one scripting language and good working knowledge of other programming and/or scripting language such as Python, Ruby or PowerShell.
- Experience using git workflows in a CI/CD toolchain.
- Familiarity with API integration and development, Azure, AWS, or other Cloud APIs.
- Experience with testing tools and demonstrated ability to integrate testing into pipelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Azure Active Directory for IAM, network protocols, security best practices, and enterprise architecture patterns and technologies, Windows and Linux system administration. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership, organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong team building, partnership and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with strong initiative.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Cloud certifications preferred.