Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TAE Technologies develops breakthrough solutions to the most complex problems of our time. The company was founded in 1998 to develop and distribute safe, cost-effective commercial fusion energy with the cleanest environmental profile. With close to 1,000 issued and pending patents and over $600 million USD in private capital, we are now on the cusp of delivering a transformational energy source capable of sustaining the planet for thousands of years. Our foundational technology has catalyzed a portfolio of spinoff opportunities in critical markets such as electric mobility, power management, life sciences and more. Multidisciplinary and mission-driven by nature, TAE Technologies is leveraging proprietary science and engineering to create a bright future for us all.
We currently have an opening at our Foothill Ranch, CA (Orange County) facility for an Electrical Engineer who can contribute to the design, implementation, and commissioning of cutting edge electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic systems. Depending on your skill and ambitions, this position will encompass high voltage or high current techniques, power electronics, with some aspect of control and data acquisition. The Electrical Engineer liaises with engineers and scientists at different levels of the organization to deploy new electrical/electronic systems. Depending on the relevant experience, this could be a supervisory position.
Working at TAE:
We are a diverse group of 200 of the most brilliant physicists, engineers and other experts from 30 countries around the world – all committed to improving our world through clean technology. TAE values individual expertise within our culture of collaboration. We offer generous benefits, vacation, career development programs and intramural ping pong.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specify, design, develop, fabricate and commission custom electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic systems, encompassing high voltage and high current techniques and integration with control and data acquisition systems.
- Provide detailed specifications and support the procurement of commercial off-the-shelf electrical and electronic products.
- Produce and examine drawings, wiring diagrams, specifications, test reports and other documentation at all stages in the project from the concept through to full manufacturing, installation and commissioning.
- Manage project documentation and revision control in accordance with requirements of the ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Support projects with confident knowledge of electrical hardware designed for EMC, safety and reliability.
- Interface with engineers and physicists developing experimental and custom systems.
- Practical knowledge of concepts of designing for high voltage, including electric stresses, insulation and breakdowns, earth ground referenced and other potential referenced systems.
- Experience with operating of high voltage or high current electrical systems in industrial or laboratory environment.
- Sound knowledge of and troubleshooting skills in electrical/electronic components and electronic laboratory instrumentation.
- Basic knowledge of power electronic components and circuits including AC/DC and DC/DC converters, filters, voltage and current transducers, high and low power electrical components, transformers, magnets and power semiconductors.
- Basic knowledge of control and data acquisition systems based on LabVIEW and Allen-Bradley PLCs.
- Practical awareness of NFPA 70, good understanding of recommended electrical practices.
- Experience working with IEEE and IEC electrical engineering standards.
Highly Preferred Experience:
- Electrical systems for particle accelerators: plasma sources, steering/focusing/bending magnets, beam diagnostics, high vacuum systems, radiation detectors.
- Radiation oncology is a plus.
Software Knowledge and Skills:
- Practical knowledge of SolidWorks Electrical CAD system.
- Hands-on experience with CAD systems for capturing schematics and PCB layout and packaging. Industrial electrical system simulation software is preferred.
- Practical literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Available to work flexible and extended hours if needed.
- International travel is required in this position.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, with minimum five years of proven relevant experience in electrical engineering.