Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Recycling Account Representative
at Trex Company
Trex Company, the world’s number one decking and railing brand, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products, is seeking a Senior Regional Recycling Account Representative to oversee recyclable materials purchasing within an assigned geographic region.
Help us deliver what’s next in outdoor living by exceeding established territory goals in both volume and price, while meeting company material specifications.
As our next Senior Regional Recycling Account Representative, you are a skilled Territory Manager or Account Manager who will continuously identify and establish new accounts, maintain territory management, negotiate materials purchases, and serve as liaison between suppliers and internal constituents. You have a resourceful and creative skill set and are forward-thinking. You are comfortable networking, conducting field training, and providing analysis for sales forecast and budget.
Talented employees are just one of Trex Company’s trademarks. This is your chance to work for a company consistently awarded recognition for market leadership and innovation. Trex outdoor living products offer significant design flexibility with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. Trex decking products contain 95 percent recycled content and we are one of the largest plastic scrap recyclers in the U.S. Our organization keeps more than 400 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
Besides working for the company known for its recycling heritage and as a creator of amazing outdoor living spaces, Trex employees enjoy an industry-leading compensation and benefits package, bonuses and incentive programs, tuition assistance, a six percent 401(k) match, and more: trex.com/careers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed volume and price goals for polyethylene film while continuously identifying and establishing new accounts through research, leads, telephone contact, networking, preparing quotes and service solutions. Effectively manage this process through a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Maintain territory management by servicing current business through physical inspections, vendor training, overall quality and potential for new volume.
- Negotiate material purchase within territory total price target, and inform management of changes, trends, new developments and competition in the marketplace.
- Maintain liaison with suppliers, PolyCo, sales team and manufacturing. Keep up with changes, guidelines and personnel through periodic visits to the plant/offices of Trex.
- Understand how every decision that is made can affect other functions within Trex, as well as the bottom line. Engage in continuing education activities on cross-functional duties to ensure that decisions are in the best interest of Trex.
- Provide forward thinking, creative and resourceful perspective and solutions to keep Trex in a leadership position within our industry.
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget presentation.
- Support supervisor and other sales professionals in developing new market opportunities.
- Involvement with trade associations and community-related plastic recycling events, having a leadership role and performing presentations promoting the Trex message.
- Effectively manage home office, maintain proper record keeping, and operate within established budget.
- As a new rep, a senior recycling sales rep, will shadow you for your first six months.
Experience and Education:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree with one-to-two years or more of recycling purchasing or sales-related experience.
- The desired candidate must possess a fundamental knowledge of the plastics recycling industry and be able to travel, at times up to 50 percent.
- Must be comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, internet-search engines, JD Edwards and Salesforce.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels within various manufacturing and distribution organizations, be a strong team player and set high standards for him/herself.