Total Education Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Total Education Solutions
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of kids with special needs and their families?
If so, join our team and be part of the solution!
Total Education Solutions (TES) is a national provider of special education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter schools as well as healthcare organizations servicing the United States, with offices in California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and online. We strongly believe in using an interdisciplinary approach in trainings, treatments, and service delivery, encouraging our providers to work together in creating customized solutions and achieving student goals.
To empower individuals of all abilities by fostering opportunities for success through customized, innovative solutions.
We are currently seeking to hire part-time academic tutors to work with our clients/students throughout Los Angeles County and surrounding cities. Ideal candidates will:
- Serve as specialist/tutor to provide one-on-one services in English-language arts and mathematics, or homework assistance to at-risk students not meeting grade level performance
- Implement a student learning plan to support the academic needs of students
- Monitor and report student progress related to tutoring services
- Participate in group and individualized trainings and meetings
- Tutoring services mainly take place Monday-Sunday in the student’s home, or sometimes at schools or public libraries
- The position requires a minimum of two days a week, availability in the afternoons or evenings and a minimum of a 4 month commitment
Job Requirements :
- Energetic, animated, and outgoing, with a passion for helping students achieve their true potential
- Comfortable working with children and/or young adults
- Completion of two years of study (AA degree or a minimum of 72 college semester credits) and two years’ experience working in the education or child development fields or a Bachelor’s degree with one year experience working in education or child development fields
- Coursework in early education or a related field is preferred
- Must clear a current background check through FBI/DOJ
- A current TB test (within the last 12 months)
- Must have access to reliable transportation, valid CA driver license and automobile insurance
- Varied caseloads
- Flexible hours
- Variety of settings and populations
- Ongoing professional development
- Multidisciplinary teams and cross-collaboration
- Family centered clinics
- Professional growth opportunities
Benefits: Employees may be eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation, holiday and sick leave; 401k retirement plan; educational assistance and flexible spending account.
In addition, employment opportunities are also available for School Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists and Adaptive Physical Education Teachers. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
If you enjoy working with children and are interested in employment with us, please apply.
Total Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.