The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Water FP&A, FIJI Water
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) manages the work of the Water FP&A team to drive financial analysis and strategic support to business stakeholders. This position is expected to provide financial and strategic business leadership, communicate effectively with senior management, and manage and develop of the FP&A team and its members. Key stakeholders include the Senior Executive Team, The Wonderful Company's Corporate Finance and Treasury team.
The Senior Manager is an integral part of the FIJI Water Business Strategy team, leading business-wide analysis to understand financial drivers, then communicate recommendations and insights to senior management. The ideal candidate is equally adept at "rolling up their sleeves" with the team to produce high quality work products. From a cultural standpoint, the successful candidate will be a collaborative team player who builds strong relationships across functional lines and thrives on adding value. He/she will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
Here's what you'll do:
- Manage and lead a team located in both Los Angeles and Fiji. Track, prioritize, and delegate work effectively. Ensure the team meets all deadlines with deliverables of the expected quality.
- Focus on professional development of team members, accountability, respect, and driving for results. Develop and strengthen these values in team members.
- Oversee consolidation of management financials for company ownership and executive leadership, including monthly financial reports, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Lead development and execution of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, focusing on underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and sensitivity analysis.
- Develop long-term P&L and cash flow forecasts, preparing views for FIJI Water's senior management team and The Wonderful Company's Finance and Treasury team.
- Develop and manage reports for forecasting, sales trends, and monthly financial results analysis, including presentation of financials to senior management. Guide team members' work on these deliverables.
- Take large quantities of financial data and analytic results and condense them into a coherent story with clear, easy-to-understand conclusions and implications.
- Create P&L views for key cross-sections of the business, including brand, channel, and product.
- Provide guidance to team members on their responsibilities, including preparation of monthly close and journal entries, monthly department-level financials with variance explanations, department-level forecasting and budgeting, and assessment of key business metrics.
- Collaborate with P&L and cost center managers to ensure good financial decision-making and partnership.
- Prepare Management presentation materials and other formal financial materials. Develop clear and informative methods of presenting financial data to Senior Management
- Partner with Senior Management to provide strategic options to support decision making
- Utilize Oracle financial systems to develop value-added reporting tools.
- Understand financial operations of the business and educate others inside and outside the Finance/Accounting group about the financial performance of their respective area.
- Focus on key performance indicators and/or ongoing process improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with the Operations team to understand past, current and future trends of material pricing, production cost and logistics expenses
- Partner with Accounting on annual audit as required
- Review and analyze all capital spending projects
- Plan and monitor capital spending
- Lead ad-hoc analytical projects and strategic initiatives.
- Any other tasks as required
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field; MBA and/or CPA is preferred; understanding of GAAP standards and procedures a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or related field; experience in Consumer Product Goods and/or Beverage industry is a plus
- Experience managing and developing teams ideally including team members in overseas/International locations
- Ability to inspire and guide team to achieve the organization's mission and goals. Serve as a resource, coach, and mentor.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required; knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Strong and meticulous analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Collaborative team player, strong relationship-building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on/roll-up-your-sleeves approach, working with the team to produce high quality work products; we are a detail-oriented organization and will drill to invoice-level data when needed
- Meet all deadlines/deliverables; we are a fast-paced environment with strict timetables to ensure we complete all assigned work
- Candidates must be comfortable with changing priorities and able to manage themselves and their team effectively amidst change
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills are required
- Ability to build and maintain internal customer relationships; works well with others, collaborative and cooperative
- Self-starter with ability to work independently; high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to interact regularly with department leadership and senior executives in a confident and professional manner
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
FIJI® Water, natural artesian water bottled at the source in Viti Levu (Fiji islands), is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in the United States. FIJI Water, known for its iconic square bottle, soft mouth feel and unique mineral profile, is the water of choice among discerning consumers and top chefs. Widely available at fine restaurants and hotels, all major retail channels and through a convenient home/business delivery service, FIJI Water has expanded globally to more than 80 countries. To discover Earth's Finest Water®, please visit www.fijiwater.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.