The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Sourcing Manager - LA
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
The Wonderful Company is an entrepreneurial, driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals into our teams. We seek like-minded thought leaders who enjoy owning, running and scaling their projects.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Global Sourcing Manager who can easily navigate ambiguity, collaborate with multiple business units and departments, and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to drive results.
This position is headquartered in our West Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Global Sourcing. The role may require domestic and some overseas travel.
Here's what you'll do:
- Analyze business plans, production environments, and supply requirements to determine optimal sourcing strategies across businesses and commodities.
- Lead key strategic sourcing initiatives. Oversee strategy development, serve as the primary liaison between business units and key stakeholders in the end-to-end strategic sourcing process, including category/commodity analysis, supplier selection, and contract negotiation.
- Determine and recommend alternate supply strategies to create cost savings and/or supply support solutions.
- Prepare and present strategic sourcing strategies to senior management.
- Work with product development teams to source cutting edge, cost effective materials and services.
- Identify process re-engineering opportunities to increase efficiencies and maximize spend opportunity
- Manage the planning and launch of RFIs/RFPs and subsequent vendor selection process.
- Develop supplier management strategies by which vendors are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (RFI/RFP, Scorecards, Performance Metrics, escalation/response processes, etc.)
- Develop subject matter expertise in key commodities, such as; Corrugate, Resins, Flexible Packaging, Print Technologies, etc.
- Contribute to implementation, planning, and change management initiatives
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree from a leading institution in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- Food/Beverage (CPG) experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in sourcing and product development of a broad range of commodities and services on a global basis.
- Experience in both Direct and Indirect Sourcing categories a plus.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.