The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Strategy - LA
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
Interested to join an in-house captive consulting group that is designed to be a feeder for senior leadership roles into multiple businesses? Consider The Wonderful Company, the #1 growth leader among all CPG multibillion-dollar companies, the #1 growth leader in produce and the only multibillion-dollar CPG company with double-digit growth.
As The Wonderful Company continues it's high-growth trajectory, accelerates and pushes to further expand its reach, we continue to build a high performing Strategy Group to help us achieve our ambitious goals. As a privately-held, vertically-integrated company with over a dozen businesses in its portfolio, we enjoy a significant competitive advantage allowing us to achieve the highest standard of quality, integrity and success. Over the last five years, Wonderful has doubled in size to $4B in revenue and we are on pace to continue this trajectory. The Strategy Group members are essential partners in this success.
The Strategy Group:
Wonderful Strategy Group partners directly with executive leaders across all business to solve its most pressing strategic issues and deliver high-impact results for the company and the businesses in the portfolio. We are seeking a Director Strategy to drive high-level initiatives and provide guidance and management to the internal strategy team.
In addition to providing strategic guidance, the Strategy Group is designed to be a leadership funnel for all businesses. An in-house talent pipeline for future line operator roles. Additional perks include no billable hours, no pressure to get or retain clients, build close relationships with clients/operating companies, be trusted as a business partner, drive projects through to achievement and lead a consistent work/life schedule with minimal travel.
The Strategy Group is unique in both its opportunity and its purpose. A sizeable team with 25+ individuals primarily comprised of alumni from top management consulting firms (Bain, BCG, McK, etc), the team is afforded opportunity to directly drive business growth by leading direction-setting strategy and acquisition initiatives, work side-by-side with operational executives and be a co-decision maker on improvements. Our consultants are sought after across our businesses as go-to problem solvers and highly regarded as such.
This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and super-high-growth entrepreneurial company that is privately owned with no cumbersome public shareholder concerns or bureaucratic decision-making. An opportunity to add value by working on high-impact projects, build operations skills, work with high-performing peers in a dedicated team environment and become a future senior leader of the company. Curious to learn more? Read on for more details!
Here's what you'll do:
What does The Strategy Group do?
- Work with existing operating companies to improve performance both through new growth initiatives and efficiency/cost reduction actions. These include a broad set of projects from M&A due diligence and international expansion to plant floor operations effectiveness and improvement in core operating processes.
- Facilitate new business development at holding company level, including market analysis, product development, acquisition screening, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration.
What will you do as a Director of Strategy?
- Own an entire project and drive critical strategic, operational and organizational initiatives; acting Principal leader role
- Interface directly with operating company presidents and senior executives management
- Partner closely with the group VP on the objectives and operations of the group
- Take the lead on professional development for 4-5 group members.
- Position designed to lead to placement within an operating company
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Minimum eight to ten years total work experience, including a minimum of two years' experience as an Engagement Manager/Project Leader at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from a leading program
- Demonstrated leadership ability including effective team management, employee development and project management
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated passion for making a difference.
- Must have full U.S. work authorization.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Onsite subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Relocation support provided
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.