The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Brand Manager, Rotation Program
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
The Wonderful Company provides you the opportunity to work on #1 brands that generate over $2.5 billion in retail sales, in an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. In our brand management rotation program, Associate Brand Managers spend two-years rotating through several brands in the Wonderful portfolio. Each participant is integrated into the brand teams during their rotation, giving them a chance to work on strategic planning, creative development, sales support, budgeting, insights development, campaign strategy and execution. Our goal is to cross-train excellent candidates in preparation for senior-level positions within the company.
This program is currently recruiting participants for August 2020. The application deadline is October 15, 2019 with superday, final round interviews taking place in Los Angeles on November 4, 2019 (Please note: This deadline does not apply to UCLA Anderson. Please check with your Career Center for more information).
What does the Marketing team do?
Work with the operating company senior management to drive strategic initiatives and execute marketing plans that support the fast growth of the Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, Wonderful Seedless Lemons, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, JUSTIN Wines, Landmark Wines and JNSQ Wines businesses. Brand managers at The Wonderful Company are the link between sales, finance, operations and our in-house creative agency.
Why choose us?
- We're #1 in the categories we compete -- with over $2.5 Billion in annual retail sales, we grow both brands and categories
- Be proud of working only on healthy & authentic brands -- we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier food and beverage choices
- Giving back to humanity is part of our company's mission -- we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
- Invest $100MM+ annually across the portfolio enabling us to pursue big opportunities
- Access to marketing leadership -- flat organization structure within marketing
- Internal Agency -- opportunity to collaborate with the creative team daily
- Big portfolio of brands -- more personal development opportunities by moving across brands
- Our brands have edgy, creative, and distinct personalities backed by innovative marketing
- Work with smart, dedicated people who love challenges
- Privately owned with access to capital that's reinvested in marketing and the business
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Good perks and located in beautiful, sunny West Los Angeles
Here's what you'll do:
- Assist in cross-functional organization, planning, and execution of marketing programs (consumer and trade) to drive profitability objectives.
- Use available data sources (including syndicated data) to monitor state of business including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and category trends.
- Work with Wonderful's in-house creative agency and product development team, providing direction for our marketing/creative campaigns.
- Provide thought leadership in developing practical solutions to complex quantitative and qualitative problems.
- Interface directly with operating company senior management.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- MBA from a leading program; top academic credentials.
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, consulting, and/or creative agency; in the consumer space is a preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, Psychology or related field.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment are a must.
- Strong analytical problem solver -- approaches management with solutions versus problems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ready to present in both formal and informal settings with the use of PowerPoint and other tools.
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, and execute problem-solving with excellence.
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential, strong, dedicated work ethic.
- Comfortable working in collaborative team environments.
- Desire to work/live in Los Angeles.
- Willing and able to take on a project at any stage.
- Intellectually curious and passionate -- always looking for ways of improving the team's work.
- Abreast of shifting landscape of marketing and trade environment.
- Demonstrated passion for making a difference.
- Focused, organized, results-oriented.
- Self-motivated, able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.