The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR COC
at The Geo Group
Facility: Desert View Modified Community Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEO’s Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency programs.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates group and individual counseling sessions from a structured manual.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on incoming inmates as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification as a Certified Addiction Counselor based on the requirements of the state in which the position works in.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.