The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dir., Regional Health Services - Western Region
at The Geo Group
Facility: CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SVCS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for regional operational oversight of all medical units based on the organization’s goals and objectives, aims and philosophy, and according to contractual obligations. It is responsible for interpreting and implementing policies, program administration, field activities, audits, and resolving complex problems of the Health Services Unit within the region. Supervises and assists Health Services Administrators in achieving their goals and contractual obligations. Monitors the work performed by health service subcontractors to ensure compliance to contractual obligations. Monitors and ensures strict compliance with OSHA, NCCHC, ACA and JACHO accreditation standards and applicable federal state, and municipal laws. This position also ensures the effective start-up for new facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains effective levels of communication with the VP of Health Services and senior management by keeping them informed of critical health service issues.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the facility, regional, and Corporate management ensuring that all are informed on the medical operations of all facilities within the assigned region.
- Determines program goals and objectives, and develops short-range and long-range plans for achieving strategic direction consistent with the GEO Group’s Strategic, Performance and Operating goals.
- Supervises and conducts a comprehensive audit program in order to ensure accurate policy implementation and compliance throughout the region.
- Ensures that the subcontractor medical services are performed in accordance with required contractual obligations and accreditation standards.
- Evaluates health services systems workload and productivity based on Quality Assurance Matrix and Contract Compliance tools.
- Resolves issues within the region relating to service-wide policy interpretations, and ensures consistent application of policies through effective programs.
- Ensures compliance of policies and procedures, accreditation standards, and federal, state, and municipal laws and keeps abreast of any changes and current trends.
- Advises Corporate and Regional management of changes and needs with recommendations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in health and safety issues for employees and detainees.
- Assists with orientation of Health Services management staff.
- Works with Health Services Administrators in developing organized medical units that are in compliance with Contract Compliance audit tools, client and regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures Health Service Administrators are provided effective orientations and job descriptions are provided to all staff and contracted personnel.
- Monitors services rendered by contract and medical professional staff in relation to contractual requirements, Contract Compliance, and accreditation standards.
- Meets regularly with the Corporate and Regional management to discuss problems, resolutions, and updates on health service issues.
- Completes and submits narratives, summaries and operational reports as required.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and conferences as required by management.
- Monitors and provides comprehensive training programs suitable to the prison health care program.
- Functions as a liaison between the organization and other professional organizations.
- Develops and maintains effective communication with outside hospital contractors, consultants and agency administrators to ensure a positive working relationship with them.
- Assists Health Services Administrators with daily operations and areas of concerns.
- Assists in the development and activation of new medical units.
- Performs other services as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public or Heath care Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience in correctional healthcare administration with supervisory experience in a correctional or detention facility.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a medical unit including the supervision of internal and external staff.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing the operations of health services using a variety of auditing tools.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery and administration of health care services.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing short and long term goal and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in developing or improving health service units.
- Must possess effective decision making skills in the operation of health service programs.
- Frequent travel with overnight stays may be required. May be required to relocate temporarily to provide support or assist our facilities
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.