The Community Development Commission
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Specialist II
at The Community Development Commission
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (SECTION 8) CASE MANAGER
PROGRAM SPECIALIST II
LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
HOUSING ASSISTANCE DIVISION
$3,555 TO $5,040 per month
Regular and Contract Positions
Positions available in Alhambra and Palmdale
The Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA) is a dynamic, innovative agency created in 1982 by the Board of Supervisors to generate affordable housing and economic redevelopment throughout Los Angeles County and participating cities. Funded primarily with federal grants, LACDA is an industry leader in sponsoring new solutions to housing and forming partnerships with private and public agencies. To apply, please visit our web site at www.lacda.org.
This position performs technical work involving the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Housing Choice Voucher Program and other subsidized programs.
The ideal candidate demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and efficient time management skills. The candidate must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Essential Job Duties
- Review client applications for rental assistance.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Determine client eligibility based on income, deduction's and allowances, family composition, and compute housing assistance payments and family rental rates according to U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations.
- Process annual recertifications, interim changes and/or moves including obtaining current third party verification of participant information in accordance with program requirements.
- Resolve concerns between tenant, landlord, and the Housing Authority.
- Schedule and conduct group or individual presentations.
- Heavy data gathering and reporting of participant information to HUD.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices and procedures, business correspondence, proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- MS Software (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Housing program policies and procedures.
- Effective customer service techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Ability to interpret, apply and enforce program regulations.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects utilizing effective time management skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, representatives of local government, program participants, community-based organizations and the public.
- Sensitivity to persons from culturally diverse backgrounds, persons with AIDS, and persons that are homeless.
- Associate's degree or completion of two (2) years of undergraduate coursework from an accredited university, college, or community college specializing in Social Services, Human Services, Public Administration or closely related field and one (1) year of directly related work experience in a professional office environment, demonstrating direct customer interfacing experience screening and interviewing a diverse population to determine client eligibility.ORThree (3) years of directly related work experience in a professional office environment demonstrating direct customer interfacing experience screening and interviewing a diverse population to determine client eligibility.
*Two (2) years of undergraduate coursework is equivalent to completed sixty (60) units for semester system or ninety (90) units for quarter system.
- Work experience with low-income/diverse populations
- Experience in YARDI Software
**Applicants MUST upload proof of education to the application/Neogov at the time of filing (e.g. school verification, transcripts, degree). Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application being rejected.***Work experience must be supported by the experience in your application. "See resume" is not an acceptable answer.
- Additional Information
- In the Work Experience section of your online application clearly describe your experience as it relates to the qualifications. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration . A resume will not substitute for completing the work experience section of your application.
NOTE: A resume cannot be substituted for any section of the online application and/or supplemental application. If your application is incomplete, it may be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process.
Possession of a valid California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record is required.
Successful candidates must complete a thorough background investigation, including a pre-employment physical, drug screening and fingerprint evaluation prior to appointment.
Those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Division, will be invited for the examination process. Human Resources staff will notify all applicants of their application status via email. You are responsible for monitoring correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. All communication regarding your application and status will be done by e-mail.
This is a grant-funded position, Section 3 compliant. Continuation of employment is contingent upon continued funding.
To find out more about LACDA, please visit our web site at www.lacda.org.
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLY IMMEDIATELY, POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 19004