The Arroyos Treatment Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Arroyos Treatment Centers
|Salary Range:||Independent Contractor (1099) -See Job description|
Who We Are
The Arroyos Treatment Centers provides out-of-network, personalized, integrated psychological and psychiatric mental health care for adult patients with severe mental disorders. We specialize in the treatment of bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety disorders, OCD spectrum disorders, psychotic spectrum disorders, ADHD, and co-occurring substance use disorders. Our home office is in Pasadena, California, where we offer in-person treatment. We also provide integrated telepsychology and telepsychiatry services throughout the state of California.
We are seeking a California licensed, board-certified psychiatrist to join our team as a part-time staff psychiatrist. We hire part-time board-certified psychiatrists who are located in California as part-time independent contractors who (a) hold active medical licenses in good standing in the State of California, (b) are board-certified in psychiatry, (c) are experienced in the treatment of severe mental disorders, and (d) are experienced in the practice of telepsychology. We contract with qualified psychiatrists throughout California to provide telepsychiatry services and with local Los Angeles-based psychiatrists who also see patients in-person in our Pasadena office.
Direct collaborative patient care via telepsychiatry and in-person (if local) to patients with severe mental disorders:
- Medication Management – initial medication evaluations and ongoing medication management for patients who are seen by clinical psychologists for psychotherapy in the group practice
The psychiatrist must be enthusiastic about working in an exciting, collaborative, multidisciplinary team setting with clinical psychologists who have advanced training and experience in the treatment of patients with severe mental disorders, including co-occurring substance use disorders.
Coverage: The psychiatrist arranges for his/her coverage when unavailable to provide patient care, or when on vacation.
Additional requirements for this job:
- Current valid California medical license in good standing
- Board-certification in psychiatry
- Inpatient experience and training with adult patients with severe psychiatric disorders
- Expertise and training treating substance use disorders
- Comfort treating older adolescents on an occasional basis
- Experience ordering and interpreting pharmacogenomic testing
- Buprenorphine-certified and naltrexone certified practitioner. We provide MAT for psychiatric patients with co-occurring substance use disorders. With opioid-dependent patients, in almost all cases, the treatment plan, when possible, is to put the patient on buprenorphine and eventually titrate the patient off as the patient responds to psychotherapy, psychiatric medication management, and community support systems. We use naltrexone (oral, injection, implant) for patients opioid and alcohol dependency to reduce cravings and urges to use substances
- Clozapine REMS-certified practitioner. Although we avoid prescribing clozapine when possible, some patients require clozapine and we are very experienced in managing the patient and family care aspects of clozapine treatment, including psychoeducation, monitoring lab draws, and observing for signs of adverse events associated with clozaril
- If working via telepsychiatry, must be familiar with HIPAA and confidentiality issues on the practice of telepsychiatry
- Maintains an e-prescription account and independently manages patients’ prescriptions. The psychiatrist is reasonably available to refill prescriptions and issues that arise regarding patient prescriptions
For telepsychiatry patients, you will be working in your usual office setting with HIPAA-compliant software provided by the Company. For in-person patients, you will be working in our Pasadena mental health office. Patients are screened by the Clinical Director to determine their appropriateness for outpatient care, and telehealthcare, before being assigned to you for treatment. You will have regular access to the Clinical Director to discuss patients on a routine basis when you feel that this would be helpful or if an urgent situation develops. You can communicate via shared forms with staff psychologists if your patients are receiving psychotherapy.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
This is a part-time independent contractor position: 1-3 hours scheduled hours per week, as coordinated together by psychiatrist and administration
Psychiatrist independent contractors are paid per CPT code for services rendered. Payment is based on services provided rather than fees collected. The aggregate rate of pay for a Staff Pychiatrist for 60 minutes of scheduled patient time is typically $220.
Submit the following with your application:
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your license
- A copy of your medical school diploma
- Other documents as requested
- Cover letter