Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rehab Counselor (On-Call) - Behavioral Health 109
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
As Part of the Telecare Family La Casa Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is a 190-bed program providing assistance to adults 18 and older.
REHABILITATION COUNSELOR – LA CASA MHRC
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential.
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
With the support of the Rehabilitation Therapist Supervisor, the Rehabilitation Counselor provides rehabilitation therapy services to clients, both on an individual and group basis, and serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary Recovery Team.
A B.A. degree in psychology or related field is required. Six (6) months of related practical experience in group facilitation, education and/or event planning with people diagnosed with serious mental illness is preferred. The ability to read, write & speak English is crucial. Experience may be substituted for education. A valid California Drivers License and a driving record that ensures insurability to drive company vehicles are also required. An understanding of psychiatric illness and Recovery principles is essential. Applicant must receive clearance from the Department of Justice. Experience may be substituted for education.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with Clients, the public and other staff members.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with Clients.
- Plans and conducts large and small activity groups under the indirect supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation. This includes:
- Maintaining awareness of Clients’ physical and psychiatric limitations and monitoring the safety of Clients at all times.
- Enlisting the cooperation of nursing staff in supporting the structured activity program.
- Facilitating Clients’ attendance at scheduled activities and focusing efforts on maximizing Client involvement.
- Accurately documenting each Client’s attendance and response to activity and rehabilitation groups in the medical record.
- Plans and conducts outings for Clients which are educational and entertaining. When assigned, drives the facility van on outings.
- Develops a theme and schedules a series of special events for assigned months.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Develops, Implements and Reviews Client Recovery plans
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and Recovery Team Conferences.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices Pro-ACT principles in everyday interactions
- Observes, records and reports Client social and psychiatric behavior.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes and assists Clients in developing self-help skills.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities.
- Protects Clients from behavior that could damage themselves or others.
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare’s customers including clients/Clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Role models excellent professional practice.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
See below for requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8 HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required? no
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Only when outdoors
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Only when outdoors
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability