Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LVN/LPT (Full-Time .8/NOC) - Mental Health 109
at Telecare Corporation
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential.
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time .8
Shift: NOC, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Days: Varies as needed
The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Psychiatric Technician provides services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. The LVN/LPT provides documentation to the Medical Director and Treatment Team of response to treatment and notifies all parties of clinical changes of condition.
One (1) year of experience in psychiatric nursing in a skilled nursing facility or an acute hospital is preferred. Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician program and current license by the State of California is also required. A valid CPR Certificate is also required. Necessary skills include a demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness, Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles, knowledge of psychotropic medications and knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of mental health services in the State of California. Applicant must receive clearance from the Department of Justice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other staff members.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups.
- Monitors the activities and documentation of the MHW’s on the assigned wing.
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Coordinates admission of new clients by designating the admitting MHW. Completes the admission documentation including the problem list and the I.D. note.
- Coordinates discharges by ensuring discharge orders are written, and that discharge medication and clothing are given to the client. Completes the appropriate documentation.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Administers medication and treatment to clients.
- Receives and presents change of shift report.
- Monitors the monthly recap of physician orders, medication record and treatment records.
- Reviews all medical and psychological reports. Informs the physician and nursing administrator of any abnormalities found in the client’s condition or laboratory reports.
- Completes the twenty-four hour Supervisors Report and the Charge Nurse’s Report each shift.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Reviews and implements client treatment plans.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Professional Assault Response Training (PART).
- Keeps the supervisor informed of client behavior and condition. Notifies the supervisor of those clients who are clinical management concerns.
- Observes, records and reports client social, medical and psychiatric behavior.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes and assists clients in developing self-help skills.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities.
- Protects clients from behavior that could damage themselves or others.
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare’s customers including clients/clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, demonstrates respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Role models excellent professional practice.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
See below for requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8 HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required?
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability