Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LVN Supervisor (Full-Time PM) - Behavioral Health 109
at Telecare Corporation
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential.
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: PM, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Days: Varies as needed
The LVN/LPT Supervisor provides supervision to Mental Health Workers in their assigned area, including: hiring, evaluating, scheduling, assigning duties, and overall coordination of client/resident care.
Two (2) years of experience in medical nursing in a skilled nursing facility or acute care setting is required. Leadership experience is preferred. Graduation from a Vocational Nursing program, current licensure and a valid CPR Certificate are also required. Necessary skills include an understanding of psychiatric illness and treatment, knowledge of psychotropic medications, an understanding of behavior management and knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of health services in the State of California. Applicant must receive clearance from the Department of Justice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other staff members.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Hires, fires, evaluates and takes appropriate corrective action for Mental Health Workers under her/his direction.
- Plans, organizes and directs services provided to clients/residents.
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and other departments.
- Regularly informs the supervisor of client/residents’ behavior and condition. Notifies the supervisor of residents who present a clinical management problem.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients and acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude in problem-solving and coping with the disabilities associated with mental illness.
- Provides clinical services including:
- Participates in the admissions of new clients.
- Participates in the discharges of clients.
- Understands and integrates into practice a clear expectation of the Recovery Model of service delivery
- Provides direct treatment services including:
- Performing therapeutic psychiatric and medical tasks.
- Administering, documenting medication and providing prescribed treatments to clients.
- Completes assigned documentation tasks accurately and thoroughly, including:
- Transcribing physician orders appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participating in the development, review and updating of the care plans.
- Reviewing the MHW’s documentation and ADL sheets daily.
- Assuring that the monthly recaps of physician’s orders, medications and treatment records are completed.
- Provides one to one interventions with clients.
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Reviews and implements client treatment plans.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of PART techniques.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of client behavior and condition. Notifies supervisor of those clients who are clinical management concerns
- Participates in the assessment of newly admitted clients.
- Observes, records and reports client social, medical and psychiatric behaviors.
JUDGMENT, DEDICION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes and assists clients in developing self-help skills.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to coworkers with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks, seeks, and implements improvements.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities
- Protects clients from behavior that could damage themselves or others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Telecare’s customers including clients, their families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Role models excellent professional practice.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
- Maintains professional licensure and certificates.
See below for requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8 HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required?
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8 hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability