Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We are seeking a professional and customer-serviced orientated Maintenance Supervisor who will oversee and coordinate the maintenance and repair of assigned TEC buildings (approximately 3 buildings in the Fontana area, equipment, and grounds).
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Work includes regular and ongoing projects and tasks, and responding to ad hoc requests. Work is generally split 70% field work and 30% office work. Hours are typically Monday through Friday approx. 8am – 5pm. We are a busy company with a lot going on so there will be overtime opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Facility maintenance work which includes, but isn’t limited to repairing office furniture, cabinetry, painting, key making, lighting, light landscaping, minor plumbing, minor electrical, etc.
- Inspect, evaluate, and supervise all facility maintenance and repair work to meet quality standards and deadlines. Field maintenance calls and assign work appropriately to janitorial staff or contractors.
- Ensure staff at all worksites understand, are properly trained, and are accountable for their responsibilities. Provide managerial support and regular check-ins to ensure staff feels engaged, appreciated, and committed to their job and working at TEC.
- Ensure facilities are sufficiently stocked with inventory; order supplies as needed.
- Ensure effective working relationships with vendors; select and schedule best vendors for TEC needs; negotiate best possible rates for quality work. Work with accounts payable to ensure prompt payment to vendors.
- Maintain ticket system for monitoring status of open items and evaluating data on work performed. Provide regular and ad hoc reports and status updates for each facility managed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum two years’ overseeing facilities maintenance, preferably for multiple locations.
- Experience performing light maintenance and janitorial work.
- Experience working with and managing the work of maintenance contractors and vendors.
- Advanced skill using hand, power, and specialty tools; experience using lifts.
- Knowledge of and experience performing electrical, plumbing, and carpentry (e.g., drywall, framework, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of managers and employees and external contacts.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them.
- This is a physical job and requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance, constant movement, and exposure to outdoor elements.
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.