Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
Our La Mirada, CA location has a full-time opportunity for a Diesel Technician/Mechanic who will be primarily responsible for performing preventative maintenance and diagnosing and repairing heavy duty trucks. You play an essential role in delivering on our customer commitment which is to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities - we are the only dealership in North America who is able to conduct all Mack/Volvo training up to the master tech certification within our in house Training Centers. We cover travel costs for our technicians to attend training. We also offer a family-oriented work environment.
Our other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
- Healthcare, Commuter, and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Uniforms and Cleaning Service
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Length of Service Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid CDL Medical Recertification Fee
- Paid Steel-Toed Boots
- Tobacco Free Program
- 24/7 Virtual Doctor Visits
Main Job Duties:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
- Identify worn and damaged parts (all parts to include major components such as engines and transmissions), repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
- Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Maintain safe and organized work area; keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
- Proficient in the repair of one or more of the following: diesel engines; power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, and drive shafts; electrical systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic systems, steering systems, and brakes
- Proficient in use of all tools of trade
- Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance completing your application please call 503-247-4065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.