Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Design
We are looking for a creative Interior Designer whose seeking new possibilities in the design of health and wellness spaces. You must love collaborating with a team, be self-motivated, take ownership of tasks and responsibilities, yet is committed to asking questions when necessary. A passion for great design and an ability to articulate that passion is a must.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Involvement in all phases of design including programming, concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents and construction administration
- Responsible for supporting the Lead Designer in the selection, presentation, coordination, budgeting and specification of interior finishes and furnishings
- Actively participates in researching, selecting, designing, and resolving construction materials, assemblies and details
- Actively participates in quality control and ensures conformance with firm wide standards for all documentation
- Organize and attend manufacturer’s presentations
- Communicates with vendors and other disciplines within the firm
- Manage resource library along with the Interior’s Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate or institutional interior design, with a focus in healthcare, science and technology, and/or education is a benefit, but not required
- NCIDQ accreditation or licensed architect; or currently working towards the completion
- Experience developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies
- Excellent analytical, graphic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships within the firm
- Ability to communicate though verbal, written and other presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer/supplier appropriateness
- Experience in specifying and coordinating finishes and furnishings
- Desire to learn how technical documents are prepared and understand applicable building codes
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge or Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Deltek Vision, and Newforma a plus
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoys collaborating closely with designers, architects and project managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in sustainability and its guiding principles in design
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.