Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Value and Customer Strategy Consultant
at Tableau Software
What you’ll be doing…
The Value and Customer Strategy Consultant is a senior level consultative sales lead that works closely with the sales teams applying value based selling techniques and strategies to progress opportunities. This is a strategic role that combines competencies of strategy consulting, sales, and value engineering along with Analytics expertise.
*We are open to any West coast location near a major airport*
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Assist sales team with account planning and penetration/adoption strategies
- Drive a higher volume of larger deal transactions to increase penetration with customers
- Evangelize the business value of Tableau to customer and internal communities
- Work closely with customers to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers to understand how Tableau will solve their problems and create value
- Develop and deliver compelling business case presentations that accelerate and/or expand opportunities
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery sessions to identify key business requirements, create customized business use case scenarios and financial business case justification
- Structure and manage an engagement process with customers
- Help drive customers towards strategic thinking that drive business results
- Provide thought leadership & coaching to sales to accelerate sales cycles
- Author thought leadership content on Tableau benefits, industry value, and “all things value”
- Create value assets and artifacts to assist field teams ability with discussing value and business case development
- Assist with the rollout, adoption and knowledge transfer on best practices on value selling to the field to uplift broader capabilities of the organization to engage in value discussions
Who you are…
- Experienced. 10+ years of experience in value selling. Experience in customer-facing roles such as in sales, pre-sales, consulting or value consulting. Demonstrated analytical ability, such as in prior strategy consulting or financial roles
- Highly Technical. Deep financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases.
- Domain. Expertise in the Analytics marketplace; its products key value propositions and the competitive marketplace
- Cross-Cultural Leadership. Comfort in engaging with senior executives and strong executive presentation skills
- Excellent Communication. Excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments. Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases. Good relationship-building skills; ability to grow and nurture relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Amazing Salesperson. Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward; strong selling skills. Strong discovery and probing skills to learn business pain, identify opportunities and build credibility with customers
- Results-oriented.�� Executive presence while collaborating with and successfully influencing the C-suite to invest.
You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!