Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instrument Tech / Sterile Processing Tech
- Hidden (27771)
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Barranca Surgery Center is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center with 2 OR’s and 2 GI Rooms. We also have a 2nd site in Orange, Ca where there are 5 OR’s and 1 GI Room. A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a must. We are a state-of-the-art center and are looking for the following positions:
Instrument Tech / Sterile Processing Tech – Barranca Surgery Center- Irvine
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies, and equipment, and assembles, wraps, and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standards Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, and facility medical equipment.
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Recognizes and anticipates the needs of the surgical team assuring instrument availability.
- Recognizes abnormal functioning of autoclave equipment, steris system, and notifies appropriate person or company regarding company.
- Reviews par levels of supplies and equipment, to ensure that the resources necessary for patient safety are available.
- Assists teammates with daily preparation for current and future surgery schedules (pulling cases and assembling supplies/instruments), as assigned.
- Assist surgical team with the set up and turnover of the Operating rooms before and after all surgery
- Assist with various tasks throughout the departments, as needed and assigned by Charge Nurse
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician, or Surgical Instrument Processor required
- 2 years of Sterile Processing Technician experience preferred
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
Please click HERE to apply.