Starz Entertainment, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Attorney - Content Acquisition
at Starz Entertainment, LLC
Accomplished, highly-skilled and strategically-focused attorney with experience providing legal counsel for content acquisition and programming of media content for linear and SVOD branded service distribution across multiple distribution platforms in the U.S. and internationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret, administer and support studio and original series acquisitions for use on all STARZ premium video product channels across all distribution platforms in the U.S. and internationally.
- Coordinate with and support the Senior Executive Team and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a major, reputable law firm focused on IP/transactional practice areas.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing content-related legal counsel for television networks, studios and/or media distribution companies in the United States.
- Superior drafting skills.
- Working knowledge of various distribution architectures and the applicable rights distinctions, including IP-delivery platforms.
- Working knowledge of copyright laws and licensing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure against deadlines.
- Highly motivated, extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.