Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nutrition Manager 3
- System ID
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian, Clinical Nutrition Manager to come join their dynamic clinical team at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, CA.
Hoag Memorial Hospital is a 511 bed hospital located between two campuses.
In this highly visible leadership position, the selected candidate will work closely with the Director of Food and Nutrition Services. Manage a team of 25 for both campuses and 4 off-site out patient locations.
Responsibilities include performing 50% clinical (patient contact) duties and 50% administrative oversight, leadership in clinical staff meetings and respective Committees.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, positive, customer service oriented,flexible, reliable, and team centered to provide excellent patient care while working with clinical dietitians, health care providers and ancillary team members :
- Be a Registered clinical dietitian with at least 2 years’ experience in acute care
- assist in quality improvement, regulatory and all associated tasks including in performing nutrition assessments utilizing NFPE and Hoag developed Medical Nutrition Therapy guidelines, regulatory standards, and evidence-based medicine
- Have prior Experience with acute care including mother/baby, med/surg, acute rehab, sub-neuro ICU, CCU, CVI and SNICU
- Require travel between various Hoag locations and its affiliates
- Provide excellent patient care while having the ability to be flexible, reliable, and team centered working in this challenging acute care setting and projecting an image of professionalism with the clinical dietitians, care providers and ancillary team members
- display and practice a work-style that reflects the mission, vision and values of the department and hospital
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement (CQI) process
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.