Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Catering Manager 2
- System ID
- Food Service
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for Pepperdine University located in Malibu, CA. Are you a polished professional capable of managing our high-profile account? The successful candidate will excel at serving executive level clients, as well as student organizations and leading a team that will be expected to deliver a high-quality experience to our clients! Click here to view our Campus!
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE & SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED! **
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Identify internal and external customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers and promote partnerships
- Promote a customer and client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- Maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Ensure all HAACP standards are followed
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Professional demeanor is required
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.