Sky Chefs Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager-Lean Production Systems
at Sky Chefs Inc.
Role Purpose Statement: The job incumbent ensures control, maintenance and continuous improvement of operational standards, according to Corporate policies and customer requirements, within Customer Service Center (CSC) and in accordance with the regional/corporate team. The individual will be responsible for supporting the achievement of the CSC budgets as agreed by the GM of the CSC. Incumbent will ensure control, maintenance and continuous improvement of Lean manufacturing according to the LSG Sky Chefs Production System.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement across CSC in close coordination with management staff
- Implement LSG Production System for CSC in line with corporate and regional policies
- Ability to teach the principals of lean and other process improvements and provide training as required within area of CSC (for example, Kaizen events)
- Support CSC in the implementation of Regional Operational Excellence Strategy, guidelines, and policies
- Support CSC management teams to achieve business targets (KPI’s)
- Define continuous improvement targets together with the management staff and report performance against set operational objectives
- Analyze cost reduction potential; Accountable for settling and delivering budget results related to productivity/process improvements
- Report on KPIs for quality, productivity costs, and service delivery
- Ensure communication and know-how sharing processes between CSCs in the country/region
- Identify and train CSC departmental management and core employees on production system methodology and lean principles
Key Performance Indicators
- Productivity: total direct hours worked per standard unit
- Cost reduction: WIP, space, overtime, food waste, labor costs (in FTE)
- On time delivery service: internally and externally
- First time quality: internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial/Process Engineering or equivalent experience required
- In addition, five to seven years experience in developing and implementing production/process methods and with at least three to five years experience in a manufacturing industry required
- Effective workshop facilitator skills required; experience in leading teams, driving change and delivering results
- Knowledge of lean concepts including Toyota Production System principles required
- Proven track record in Lean manufacturing and success in implementation of redesigned processes
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Master Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management and Change Management experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound delegation skills accompanied with effective ability for follow-up
- Proficient with windows based software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization