Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Funeral Arranger at Pierce Brothers Valhalla in North Hollywood, CA. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Services client families during funerals visitations, and interment. Assists with caring for the deceased in a respectful manner. Provides customer service in all areas of helping client families following the loss of a loved one. Provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Assists in the implementation of choices made by the families/legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Ensures customer needs are met directly or through appropriately licensed individuals.
- Arranges, conducts and directs bereavement rites, including funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with Company Policies and Procedures
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
- Assists with funeral services by:
- Coordinating the parking of cars
- Driving funeral vehicles
- Assisting at chapel and church services
- Assisting at the cemetery
- Delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
- Setting up chairs and the removing, properly caring for and storing of these items
- Participating at special functions
- Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor. Aftercare includes delivery of:
- Information on insurance, health benefits and pension
- Pre-arrangements for next of kin
- Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authorities, rules and regulations
- Completes and accurately prepares of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
- Assists with general office duties including answering phones and preparing reports as necessary
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory
- Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years related experience as a Funeral Assistant
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V