Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Product Support Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position will work closely with P&WW Western Regional Sales Managers to provide directed support in all aspects but primarily assisting them with project management, customer training, trade shows, startup and on site trouble shooting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support Process & Waste Water Regional and National Sales Managers in achieving their goals.
- Support Sales Initiatives and Campaigns as directed by National Sales Manager.
- Provide timely technical support to customers/representatives regarding YSI/MJK/OI TOC water quality instrumentation via phone calls, emails and site visits.
- Recommend Xylem product solutions based on customer’s application needs
- Provide competitive selling information to customers (why buy YSI vs. competitor).
- Maintain YSI customer database (Oracle and Sales Force.Com).
- Manage key customer relationships.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, visit customers, perform training seminars and provide technical service/start up as needed.
- Enter customer leads into Salesforce for marketing follow up.
- Product quality, marketing and market intelligence information is to be shared with appropriate internal team members.
- Using Onvia, Gov.spend and Dodge, provide proactive market intelligence to RSM
- Provide product and pricing quotes.
- Travel (including air) up to 30% may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in natural resources, chemistry, environmental, physical sciences or electronics engineering. Prior customer service experience is required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of technical experience such as in a field or lab water testing role, or working with analytical instrumentation is required.
- Excellent customer service skills (communication) are required.
- Ability to deal with complex customer requests or problems.
- Ability to analyze/interpret water quality data.
- Knowledge of analytical water testing instrumentation and applications.
- Working knowledge of PCs and PC software. (Oracle, Salesforce, MS Office, Shoretel)
- Typing rate of 40-45 words per minute preferred.
- Competent with various media options, i.e. phone, fax, e-mail.
- Ability to keyboard 25% percent of the time and to remain seated for extended periods.
- Customer service oriented with ability to resolve customer conflicts/problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong awareness to “follow-up” requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Technical proficiency, both mechanical and electrical.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Physical demands of lifting up to 20 pounds from floor to waist or floor to shoulder level on an occasional basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel (including air) up to30% may be required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.