Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PTI - 5s - Facilities Team Lead
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· To work bothindependently and as a lead maintenance to support production to minimizedowntime due to P.I.T issues. To react to and resolve any maintenance relatedproblems including but not limited to p.i.t, charging areas, battery chargingequipment, etc.
· ensure allEquipment is working Properly and is up to code and safe to operate
· Makingservice calls to the techs when P.I. T's Need maintenance or any issues areencountered
· Ensure allcharging areas in the building are Kept clean and all chargers are in goodworking order and inspected weekly for any issues or Concern
· Entering andlogging data on excel spread sheet concerning all service records/service callsand invoice for records
· Ensuringevery battery in are fleet is being watered weekly to ensure batteries are notoverheating and kept are equipment running well.
· This is ahands-on position with responsibilities for parts storage, setup, andoptimization of floor space and presentation of components to the assemblyprocesses. Responsible for training of lean 5S concepts and implementation ofcontinuous improvement projects in housekeeping, production, materials, andlogistic operations.
· Delivery andsupport of 5S changes and initiatives contributing towards improvementstandards
· monitorproject timelines and service providers and proactively identify solutions in atimely manner
· Establish acontinuous improvement 5S monitoring system to identify trends and process
· Conductdaily/weekly 5S audits in the building in different department in the building
· Lead the 5Scommittee with monthly meetings and assign member to conduct audits and
Help with S5 project in the building
Remain flexible with work hours to support business needs.
Will perform other duties as required.
This job might be for you if:
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
Can read and understand written materials including course work, prints, production documents and inspection procedures.
Capable of meeting production standards to maintain a high level of quality.
Ability to train, guide, and support associates in “best practices.”
Ability to work flexible hours on short notice to support business needs.
Excellent computer skills.
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used:
PCs with Office, QT9 Quality Software, training and manufacturing applications.
Training tools including learning courses, job breakdown sheets, root cause analysis tools and continuous improvement tools.
Equipment including but not limited to hand tools, power tools, and operating a forklift.
Education and Experience Requirements (including licenses and certifications):
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience.
Forklift Trainer experience a plus
Can lift, rotate and position parts weighing up to 22 lbs. repetitively throughout the shift (26 lbs. on occasion), 40 lbs with assistance
Can stand for extended period of time to fulfill job requirements
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.