Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Undergraduate Supply Chain Intern
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Temporary Full-Time
- Corporate & Internship
Our Vision & Legacy statement outlines the Savage Brothers’ vision for ensuring perpetual success. It includes a commitment to providing opportunities for people “to do things that they never dreamed possible.” This statement is especially significant for our Interns who will have the opportunity to work on real world projects enabling both Savage and themselves to be better tomorrow than they are today.
Our Supply Chain Intern will work with our Wilmington operation on projects that will require an assortment of analytical, interpersonal, and general business/life skills. The successful candidate will work on multiple projects at any given time, producing research and analytical work. This internship will be for summer, 2020.
Why being a Savage Intern is Compelling:
- Interns have long-term career potential with possible future opportunities throughout Savage
- Interns are competitively paid
- Interns experience being a part of real-world business solutions
- The opportunity to work with a company founded on principles of honesty, integrity and team member growth
- Career paths open to consistent development and growth
Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Provide analysis on turn time, route analysis, que times, etc.
- Develop recommendations based on findings from analysis
- Equipment maintenance review
- Compliance and risk assessment
- General business responsibilities as assigned
- Purchasing or logistics coordination
- Ability to work as part of a team, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree Program, Supply Chain Major
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Moderate Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills with the ability to learn in-house computer systems
With more than 70 years of experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency and creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible. To learn more, visit www.savageservices.com.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.