Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Horizon 2 Space Control Systems Engineering SME
SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Space Control Systems Engineering to provide advice and expertise to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY). SMC/SY equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires a candidate with extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The position requires a candidate with in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and systems engineering for space control projects and programs. The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Air Force acquisition senior leadership, Program Managers, and external organizations). The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides systems engineering expertise to integrate space control architectures and capabilities across the SMC/SY portfolio
- Assess program design and viability from a technical, and technical execution perspective.
- Possess and maintain specialized knowledge and technical expertise in space system design and space systems engineering.
- Apply engineering principles and techniques to identify and manage system design risks and verifies that sound risk mitigation for space systems is adequately managed. Requires coordination of contractor and Government activities and oversight of contractor, and sub-contractor efforts throughout the system life-cycle.
- Analyze program requirements and provide recommendations to Division Chief and Program Managers on integrating family of systems and systems of systems architectures
- Provide expert advice to the Program Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies • Provide technical expertise to Division Chief and Program Managers
- Perform technical and programmatic assessments of contractor solutions
- Support design reviews and milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with a current background investigation within 5 years and with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Degree- Engineering.
- MS Degree – Systems Engineering.
- 18 years of experience in technical program management and systems engineering within the Air Force community.
- Be capable of providing technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Be capable of evaluating design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division program office management to accomplish projects for the government program office.
- Must be able to work independently.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 21 years of experience in technical program management and systems engineering within the Air Force community.
- System Engineering experience
- Space Control mission area experience
- PMP Certification
- Prior Military Service
- Background in a technical discipline, engineering, and/or systems engineering.
For more information about how through Space Superiority SAIC is supporting the Warfighters click here.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability