Rose Paving LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Construction Project Manager - Santa Fe Springs, CA - College graduates only!!! Local Candidates Only!!!!
at Rose Paving LLC
- 01-Jun-2018 to 01-Jul-2020 (CST)
- Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA
- Full Time
Rose Paving LLC
Project Manager Intern – Santa Fe Springs, CA
About the Company
Rose Paving LLC, a multi- million- dollar company, leads in providing complete parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties nationwide. Services include asphalt patching; asphalt reconstruction; asphalt resurfacing; sealcoating; cracksealing; concrete maintenance including installation and repair of concrete curbs, walks, and pads; storm sewer repair and installation, lot marking, and green paving solutions.
Established in 1974, Rose Paving LLC is a privately held company that maintains its corporate headquarters in Bridgeview, Illinois, with branch offices in Streamwood, IL, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, Santa Fe Springs, CA and Tampa, FL. We are proud to report that because of our expertise, dedicated employees, and loyal customers, Rose Paving has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors. We are considered to be the leaders in our industry and have a staff of over 200 employees. As a company, we continue to make great strides in exceeding industry, customer, and employee expectations.
Assist the Project Managers on asphalt pavement maintenance projects and monitor and maintain traffic control on projects, assist clients, the Director of Southeast Operations, customers and subcontractors with site related issues. In addition, conduct evaluations of parking lot maintenance needs. The Intern will assist the Project Managers with planning, directing and scheduling the necessary resources for the completion of various projects assigned.
• Establish project traffic control and lot closures with the Project Managers
• Place and maintain proper signage at all job sites
• Photograph site throughout the job process
• Responsible for transportation of job materials needed
• Helps Project Management to obtain local permits and licenses to conform to any necessary inspections from village governing bodies
• Monitor project plan established by Project Manager
• Prepare project status reports and complete post job evaluations of work
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Develop alternative solutions
• Work well in group problem solving situations
• Complete projects on time and within budget
• Pursue training and development opportunities
• Respond promptly to customers' needs
• Maintain confidentiality
• Write clearly and informatively
• Give and welcome feedback
• Inspire and motivate others to perform well
• Help implement cost savings measures
• Set goals and objectives
• Prioritize and plans work activities
• Must have good communications skills, sense of urgency and a natural ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
• Must have ability to interact effectively with clients
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel and Internet
• Must be comfortable with hands-on environment
• Must be willing to work flexible work hours
• Safety and Security – Observe security policies and procedures
• Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra and Geometry
• 4 year Construction Management Degree Preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate; in the field, it can be very loud.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of Rose Paving LLC. All Rose Paving employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to "get the job done" and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the Rose Paving LLC Team. Such ability will be to the benefit of the employee and will not go unnoticed by the company.