Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil/Structural Engineer (Part-Time)
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We currently seek an experienced P/T Civil/Structural Engineer to support operations in our Los Angeles office. In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Essential job responsibilities will include assessment of the conditions of existing commercial structures; residential investigations of distressed foundations and building systems; Supervision of structural and geotechnical investigations; Remedial structural and foundation designs for distressed structures. Analyze, assess and determine the cause and origin of structural damage and failures, construction defects, foundation issues, moisture intrusion, fire & explosion damage of residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Conduct field evaluations and provide verbal and written reports of findings. Provide expert testimony via depositions or in a court of law as required develop client relationships by providing and maintaining the companies high standard of customer service and client communications. Work with local and national marketing managers to establish and grow relationships. Multitask; work to meet schedule commitments of multiple assignments.
- BS Civil or Structural Engineering and 10+ years’ experience.
- Structural Engineering (S.E.) in California is required
- Must be eligible and able to apply and receive P.E. licenses of other designated states within 4 months of employment.
- We are looking for an outgoing individual that will interact well with staff, clients and homeowners well. You also must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to perform inspections on construction sites and on ladders/roofs.
- You must be willing to travel.
- GC license a plus