Reliable Automatic Sprinkler
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Sales Manager
at Reliable Automatic Sprinkler
- 20-Aug-2019 to 19-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Warehouse- Los Angeles
- Brea, CA, USA
- Full Time
Regional Sales Manager
CA / Southwest SALES
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
Job Summary: The Regional Sales Manager maximizes sales team potential, ensures successful warehouse operations, and promotes and builds customer relationships through outstanding customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision and leadership, training, coaching, and feedback to all direct reports
- Coordinates the training and education of all new personnel on RASCO products, operational systems, and company policies
- Manages assigned territory's sales and operational budget
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotes for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Handles all escalated customer service, pricing, inventory, personnel, product line, and operational issues
- Manages customer quotations and pricing program adjustments to maximize gross profit while increasing market share in the region.
- Oversees the Reliable Safety Program as outlined by the Human Resources Department and Director of Operations
- Communicates with customers within the assigned territory on a regular basis to develop rapport and a better understanding of their needs
- Oversees technical training for Regional and Inside Sales Representatives by the Technical Services Department
- Prepares and reviews weekly itineraries, monthly sales reports, including (but not limited to) the 705 Report, Forecasts vs. Actual by Region, Salesperson, and Major Accounts, etc. to identify and evaluate problem areas and company progress
- Reviews and approves Regional Sales Representative's sales plans within corporate guidelines for the assigned territory that meets and exceeds profit goals
- Provides feedback to the Sales Director in the planning, forecasting, and management of the territory
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and reviews all recommended changes with the Sales Director
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations
- Oversees the assigned customer service department to ensure Reliable customers receive professional outstanding service which includes the minimizing of shortages, status of backorders, and the expeditious resolution of customer problems
- Oversees all warehouse activities to include; order processing, receiving, put away, checking, shipping, and returns
- Follows up on weekly and monthly reporting regarding shipping speed, productivity, customer service, ISW, unreconciled balances, etc.
- Significant travel, including overnight is required to visit current and potential customers, end users and specifying engineers.
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe conditions or practice to your supervisor
- Performs other duties as directed
- Creates a positive atmosphere in which timely and high-quality communication flows smoothly
- Directs, coaches, collaborates, and delegates appropriately while working as a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify new and important professional working relationships and develop them over time
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent time management ability
- Strong advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Ability to handle adversity and conflict with successful outcomes
- Possesses strong commitment to team environment while working well with others
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Works systematically and logically to resolve problems
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Excellent business writing skills
- Knowledge of technical details of the company product
- Knowledge of Warehouse Operations and Customer Service
- Working knowledge of Human Resources, payroll/time and attendance, and administrative processes
- Demonstrates an understanding of freight and delivery processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, and AS400 Software
- Assigns work, guides, and trains employees
- Responsible for performance and merit reviews
- Recommends/performs hires, reclassifications, promotions, and terminations
- Administer disciplinary action as necessary and in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Recommends operational/procedural improvements.
- Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- The person in this position must be able to travel to current and potential clients
- Overnight travel is required
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Ability to concentrate with various interruptions and various noise levels
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to travel 80 percent of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift small boxes not to exceed 50 pounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business and/or Related Field
- 5 + years of outside sales experience, engineering, and/or customer service
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a sales environment
- Valid Driver's License
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.