Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Director - Bakersfield
at Raising Cane’s
- Requisition ID
- Department (Portal Searching)
- Location : City
- Los Angeles
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
The Area Director provides strategic direction for the team of Managing Partners (MPs) & General Managers(GMs) and acts as the primary support for the MPs & GMs in his/her designated area. The Area Director must convey the Cane’s culture to his/her staff and be a creative team player who likes to work hard, have fun, and show sincere dedication to Raising Cane’s.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership: Mentors all positions within his/her operational area to ensure a high level of engagement and success. Maintains availability for development of all operational personnel.
- Maintain Culture: Support, reinforce, and align decisions with Raising Cane’s unique Culture.
- Operational Assistance: Assists MPs & GMs to ensure restaurants are delivering the Perfect Box and an exceptional Customer Experience.
- Training and Development: Trains and develops MPs & GMs; manages career expectations for the management team; clearly conveys standards.
- Manage Strategic Initiatives: Understands, defines, and delivers the purpose, requirements, and desired results of all Company programs. Leads his/her respective Operational Area in the execution of these programs. Directly accountable to, develops strategies & directs support of Restaurant Marketing, Area Training / Talent and Recruiting Functions.
- Leverage Support: Utilize RSO, RVP, and area support personnel to identify and mitigate any needs or gaps in current business practices. Lead support personnel in the planning, development, and implementation of operational improvement practices.
- Develops and Manages Business Planning Processes: Works with the MPs & GMs to develop, implement, and manage a business plan for Restaurants; analyzes external and internal environments to detect where improvements may be made and how those changes should be implemented.
- Restaurant Marketing: Directs field MKT support to develop comprehensive sales driving strategies, ensures effective execution of the Restaurant MKT Program and actively participates and engages with market-wide ACI activities. Drives awareness and makes recommendations [activity and spend] for improving restaurant performance to maximize sales while being smart in managing ROI of Marketing initiatives.
- Brand Marketing: Effectively executes Brand MKT campaigns and strategies and provides direct influence over market-wide spend / branding opportunities by representing a market expertise to maximize brand exposure opportunities and ROI for those investments.
- Financial Accountability: Maintains full responsibility for financial performance directly impacting area restaurant operations. Oversees the financial performance of his/her team of MPs & GMs; performs financial analysis of individual restaurants and the district; makes recommendations for improvements. Accountable to all aspects of the restaurant EBITDAR – budget planning, management and performance.
- Financial Analysis: Analyzes business trends and financial data to assess and improve area performance, both operationally and financially.
- High School Diploma or GED required, College Degree preferred
- For external hire, minimum of 12 months of multi-unit management with a proven record of success required, preferably in the fast food or casual dining industry.
- For internal promotion, minimum of six months (18 months preferred) as a General Manager with Raising Cane’s; Crewmember must be in good company standing and have a proven record of performance and some NRO or multiple location experience
- Experience in an organization where he/she had specific career progression
- Knowledge of the QSR/Fast Casual industry as well as the necessary business acumen of running a complete business unit [Risk, Talent, Facilities, etc]
- Knowledge and skills in analyzing profit and loss statements and overall financial performance of store
- Knowledge and skills in staffing with proven record of results
- Knowledge of Labor Laws
- Local store marketing experience preferred
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and able to adapt to new systems easily
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Crewmembers with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and empower Cane’s managers to higher levels of performance
- Ability to align crew with Cane’s Culture by balancing seriousness and having fun
- Ability to manage basic tasks and fiscal operations for an Area
- Takes initiative in solving operational an personnel problems quickly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage all public dealings
- Ability to recognize problems and problem solve
- Ability to recognize personal shortcomings and willingness to improve
- Ability to set goals, create plans, and convert plans into action for individual Restaurants and the entire district
- Ability to measure performance, objectively and subjectively as well as hold direct accountability to meeting desired performance expectations
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull heavy objects up to fifty pounds; kneel, bend or stoop, ascend or descend stairs; reach and grasp objects