Quality Custom Distribution
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Quality Custom Distribution
- Job ID
JOIN QUALITY CUSTOM DISTRIBUTION! NOW HIRING A TRANSPORTATION DISPATCHER FOR OUR FACILITY IN LA PUENTE!
Who We Are
Established in 2006 as a division of Golden State Foods, Quality Custom Distribution (QCD) provides custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. Headquartered in Irvine, California, QCD is values-based and services thousands of restaurants throughout the U.S. In 2016, the company formed QCD Rocky Mountain to better service customers in the Rockies geographic region. Today, QCD has over 17,000 deliveries a week, from 18 Distribution Centers strategically located throughout the country.
Our Creed & Valuesare behind everything we do at Golden State Foods/Quality Custom Distribution. These aren't just words, they aren’t just a mission statement, they are a way of living, a way of doing business, and a reflection of the positive change that we would like to see in the world.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits in as little as 30 days
- Career Progression
- Serve Fortune 500 Iconic Companies
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Values Based Company
Leveraging fleet management tools and industry best practices to support QCD’s driver network across the U.S. Support includes but is not limited to: breakdowns, store delivery, device troubleshooting and general driver/transportation support.
- Receive real time communication from drivers, and provide a plan of action to ensure highest quality of service to the customer. (40%)
- Reviews, audits and prepares plan versus actual and exception reports for Roadnet and XRS information. Creates nightly recaps, daily supervisor handoffs, and updates call logs. (20%)
- Responsible for real time monitoring of the QCD fleet and supporting distribution centers across the U.S. while tracking fuel, mileage and service time. (20%)
- Present detailed reports, dashboards and scorecards to assist management in optimizing productivity, improving service to the customer and driving cost savings (10%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary. (10%)
- Providing driver network overnight support and actionable answers to ensure driver safety, company savings and highest quality of service to the customer
- Providing detailed communication, insight and reporting to local leadership
- Customer engagement
- Teamwork within the department and collaboration with drivers, local leaders and peers
- Safety of drivers and helpers
Associates’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2 to 3 years of work experience in transportation or food distribution, including driver interaction
Dispatch experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Supervisory concepts and techniques (B)
- Time management concepts and techniques (B)
- Microsoft Word and Mircrosoft Excel software applications (B)
- Distribution of food product (B)
- Roadnet, XRS, iBright and/or other similar systems (J)
- Driver dispatching, scheduling and routing (J)
- DOT regulations, policies, and procedures (J)
- Relevant safety policies, practices and procedures (J)
- Written and verbal communication (E)
- Actionable problem solving (E)
Skill and ability to:
- Support a diverse workforce of up to 200 drivers and helpers
- Resolve delivery issues between customers and the company; other customer service issues
- Support management and motivate drivers in a team-based environment
- Interpret transportation operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Prepare administrative and technical documents and reports
- Work effectively in a fast paced business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Must be able to work overnight, weekends and holidays
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed