Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Assistant I (Housing for Health)
at Heluna Health
Housing for Health (HFH) is a program office within Health Services Administration, a division under the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS). HFH was created and put into implementation in support of the Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative recommendations in response to and in support of the County’s effort to address and combat homelessness in the communities residing within the boundaries of the County’s eight Service Planning Areas (SPAs).
The Staff Assistant I will be responsible for providing an array of general administrative/technical assistance and highly specialized clerical duties, tasks, and functions to HFH executive leadership, management, and/or administrative/management personnel as required. The position shall function in a support capacity performing duties that are limited in scope and difficulty in which specific guidelines and/or instructions should be followed/applied. The position will require occasional travel to all Los Angeles County SPAs to attend various meetings with HFH community/contracted agencies and/or to attend/participate at off-site HFH related meetings, conferences, etc. as applicable.
• Performs skilled clerical and typing duties requiring a working knowledge of clerical functions involved and the use of initiative and judgment.
• Processing, editing, and creating/developing an array of various documents (e.g., Word, Excel documents, etc.).
• Frequent use of an array of Microsoft Office Suite software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Reader, One Note, Outlook, Publisher, Skype, Outlook, etc.
• Screens in-person inquiries and telephone calls; furnishes requested information, refers inquiries, calls, and emails to others better qualified to assist, and personally takes care of inquiries and calls which do not require the attention of HFH personnel.
• Makes appointments and arranges conferences, trainings, and meetings for HFH personnel as applicable; coordinates and schedules applicable internal and external personnel (e.g., HFH personnel and/or HFH community/contractor agencies) with respect to HFH trainings, meetings, events, etc.; maintains training calendars, vacation calendars, etc. as needed.
• Prepares and photocopies meeting materials, agendas, handouts, training materials, presentations, etc.; prepares and distributes internal and external notices, bulletins, letters, and memoranda as applicable; develops and maintains office files specific to supply requests, time off requests, personnel files, trainings, etc.
• Attends meetings, as needed with HFH personnel, takes notes, prepares meeting minutes, action items, etc.
• May prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, documents, literature, material, forms, etc.; may search records and files for data in which a required and/or sampling of information, data, etc. is needed in selecting or abstracting material, documents, client information, etc.
• May assist in the collection, analyzation, and or interpretation of data as needed
• May have inadvertent access to confidential HFH client data information.
• Performs other clerical, general administrative/technical assistance duties as assigned.
One year's experience in either (1) a staff capacity analyzing and making
recommendations for the solution of problems of organization, procedure, program,
budget or personnel, or (2) a highly responsible secretarial capacity, or (3) a
responsible supervisory clerical capacity.
• A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
• Successful clearing through the Live Scan process with the County of Los Angeles.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Proficient skill set in using an array of Microsoft Office Suite software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Reader, One Note, Outlook, Publisher, Skype, Outlook, etc.
• Able to multi-task and set workload priorities for time sensitive projects/tasks.
• Ability to problem solve and make recommendations to processes, etc.
• Able to communicate with all levels of personnel, e.g., written, verbal, in a professional and concise/clear manner; ability to work within a project team and/or independently.
• Able to work in a very diverse environment and with diverse individuals.
• Ability to be flexible in meeting changing work tasks and timelines; must be dependable and reliable.
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5 hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.