Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Staff Analyst (Housing For Health)
at Heluna Health
Salary Range: $8,249.91- $10,820.64 per month
Housing for Health (HFH) is a program office within Health Services Administration, a division under the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS). HFH was created and put into implementation in support of the Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative recommendations in response to and in support of the County’s effort to address and combat homelessness in the communities residing within Los Angeles County.
The Senior Staff Analyst will be responsible for planning, directing, implementing, monitoring, and providing technical assistance to Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) contracted agencies. The Senior Staff Analyst is primarily responsible for directing a team of analysts and administrative staff assigned to the HFH permanent supportive housing team that oversee a portfolio of ICMS contracted agencies throughout LA County. Additional duties include the following: directs the development and execution of HFH policies and procedures to ensure all program components operate efficiently and effectively; formulate and design program operations to improve efficacy and efficiency; manage the coordination of program updates to ICMS contracted agencies, oversight committees, Board of Supervisors, and other internal and external stakeholders; directs the contract monitoring activities including annual administrative and programmatic monitoring; provides ongoing technical assistance on complex issues to staff, partners, and contracted agencies; represents the HFH program on various taskforces and/or committees; directs staff hiring, orientation, training, work assignments and performance monitoring
• Plans, organizes, assigns, and coordinates the work of staff analysts serving as technical experts and consultants to management in various specialty programs of Health Services.
• Has immediate responsibility for the orientations, training, development, and evaluation of employees supervised.
• Reviews work for thoroughness, soundness of recommendations, and compliance with the programs standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Confers with administrators and with all project partners and stakeholders to discuss new and ongoing programs and to exchange information.
• Supervises and participates in evaluation of the overall success of the projects and reports findings to project partners and stakeholders.
• Supervises and participates in implementation of recommended project modifications.
One (1) year of highly responsible and complex administrative experience working in (A) a program that provides housing and support services to clients who are homeless or are at risk for homelessness; - OR - (B) Making recommendations for the design and/or implementation of programs to combat homelessness.
A Bachelor's* degree or higher from an accredited** college or university in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Community Development, Criminal Justice or a closely related field –
• A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
• Successful clearing through the Live Scan process with the County of Los Angeles.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Proficient skill set in using an array of Microsoft Office Suite software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Reader, One Note, Outlook, Publisher, Skype, Outlook, etc.
• Able to multi-task and set workload priorities for time sensitive projects/tasks.
• Ability to problem solve and make recommendations to processes, policies, etc.
• Able to communicate with all levels of personnel, e.g., written, verbal, in a professional and concise/clear manner; ability to work within a project team and/or independently.
• Able to work in a very diverse environment and with diverse individuals.
• Ability to be flexible in meeting changing work tasks and timelines; must be dependable and reliable.
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 15 lbs.
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 15 lbs.
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable: Not required for essential functions
Occasionally: (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently: (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly: (5 hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.